Volunteers are an important part of a successful community. Without their participation and hard work, Frazee would not be able to accomplish or host any of their several projects and festivities. This application in no way requires joining any of the selected activities; information will be sent to you to inform you as to how you can become a member and how you can become involved in the organization.
Description of Boards and Organizations
- Frazee Economic Development Authority - City office (218)334-4991 The EDA consists of a five-member board appointed by the City Council. The group traditionally meets on the third Monday of each month. You would be in a pivotal position to improve our towns business and job climate.
- Frazee Park Board - Hank Ludtke (218)334-2124 The Frazee Park Board is a group of individuals who in an effort to improve the looks and usability of our local parks seek many individuals to assist them in their efforts. You could be used to watch the parks for deterioration and help to keep our parks beautiful. City parks include Eagle LakePark, Town Lake Beach, RL Frazee Park, River Park and several others.
- Frazee-Vergas School Independent School District #23 - (218)334-3951 The School could use your help in many ways. Examples are reading to children, listening to them read, do flashcards, help with math, help with science or play learning games. There are also needs in the office, as in running the copier, correcting papers, helping with bulletin boards or even monitoring study halls. The athletics department is always seeking volunteers to assist with a wide array of sporting activities. Whatever your skill or passion, our school has a need for you.
- Frazee Community Club - (800)407-2488 The community club brings us many wonderful events throughout the year. Volunteers are always needed for Turkey Days, Oktoberfest, the Festival of Trees as well as other annual events. Donate a day, a week, or all year, whatever your abilities and time allows. Meetings are currently the 3rd Thursday of the month.
- Frazee Lions Club - Karlene Negan (218)334-4201 This charitable organization works hard to raise money to help with various disabilities and other community projects. Fundraisers throughout the year include charitable gambling with pull tabs & weekly bingo, Turkey Days Street Dance and the Demo Derby, the Decoy Show and other projects. The Lions also support & maintain the Lion’s Park & Baseball fields. Meetings are 1st & 3rd Wednesdays. Great volunteer opportunities here.
- Sportsman Club - Ashley Renollet(218)334-5501, Andy Breitenfeldt, (218)298-2958 This group of hunting enthusiasts could use your input in how to be a more visible and community committed organization.
- Frazee Library Link Site - Patty Nunn (218)334-2143 This is your opportunity to become a librarian. The hours are open only 9 hours a week and volunteers are needed for all the special events that Patty has throughout the year
- Frazee Rescue Squad - Mark Flemmer (701)351-7920 This group of dedicated individuals are first responders in case of emergency. You must apply for a position. They do an interview and if accepted they will pay for the training required. The benefit to you and the community is beyond measure when you see how much you are appreciated in this capacity. Stop in the City Office for an application.
- Frazee Fire Department -City Office (218)334-4991 Albert Doll (701)306-1161 Frazee has an all-volunteer fire department. You must place an application and be accepted. Qualifications are many but the rewards are great for this job. Stop in the City Office for an application
- Neighbor to Neighbor - (218)334-3559 This group of volunteers provide services which enable our elders to remain in their homes instead of placement in a nursing home. You could help with transportation to medical appointments, do chores, give caregiver respite, shop and deliver meals or groceries. Calling upon elders either in person or simply a phone call is something that may appeal to you in this organization.
- Frazee Care Center - (218)334-4501 Volunteers are a major part of the Care Center. Examples are working with Bingo, doing hair care, offering devotions, working with crafts, playing piano or just offering a skill to entertain the residents. What a wonderful way to give of your time, and you would be so appreciated.
If you have any ideas or wishes that you would like to help to put into action and do not know which organization would fit that plan call the city office at 218-334-4991 and we will get you to the right organization. It may be something that they have looked at but have a shortage of manpower to accomplish it.
Thank you for taking this opportunity to become a “Helping Hand!!